Happy National Puppy Day to every single dog out there – thank you for sweet spirits, your effervescent greetings, your irreplaceable companionship!
A special shoutout to the baby girl who takes up half of my heart – Charlotte Barkley! Thanks for watching all my reality shows with me, for letting me suffocate you with snuggles, for laying with me when I am sad or lonely, and for making my life complete. The least I can do for you today is spoil you even more than usual with some homemade puppy treats!
Homemade Peanut Butter Puppy Biscuits
Ingredients: Yields 120 mini bones (half the recipe if needed like me)
- 1 cup white or whole wheat flour
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce or mashed banana
- ¼ cup vegetable, chicken or beef stock
- Bone shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, peanut butter and apple sauce in a large mixing bowl. Add stock and stir until well-combined. Dough should be pretty thick at this point.
- Once all ingredients are combined use your hands to press the dough into a ball. Flour counter and roll dough with rolling pin until about ¼ inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into desired shape and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Decorate with peanut butter + sprinkles, and share with puppy friends!
- Store in air-tight container
While I was unprepared with a bone shaped cookie cutter, I think Charlotte enjoyed the added peanut butter frosting with festive Spring-colored sprinkles!
How did you celebrate #nationalpuppyday? Tell us in the comments below!